Faulty Electrics at Home or Work?

Electrics at Home or Work

If something electrical becomes faulty at home or in your business premises then you are going to need the help of a fully qualified electrical contractor.

The reason fully qualified was mentioned is because all electrics are dangerous and if you do not know what you are doing you can cause yourself or someone else serious harm or even death in some circumstances.

Doing your own electrics will also run the risk of further damage to your property so it is not worth the risk.

There are a few things that you should look out for when looking for a 24 hour electrician or a company to hire.

The first thing is qualifications. A city and Guilds certificate will ensure that the person is competent to do the job correctly and has been trained to the national standard.

An electrician in the UK  should also be registered by a governing body such as the NICEIC. This way you will know that you will have someone that has been thoroughly checked out.

To do this you can search online and filter out the good from the not so good and put together a shortlist.

You should then get some quotes from may three electricians and compare what they are offering .

Check that the person has valid insurance to cover against damage while work is being done.

You will need to find out things like how long the work is guaranteed for and what is the procedure if something goes wrong

You should also get a certificate when the job is complete to prove that the work carried out was done to a certain standard.

For some more advice you can go to the SOS Facebook page for some helpful advice on all things electrical.